Seattle Central Community College is located on Capitol Hill, the vibrant urban center of Seattle life. We are an educational home for our students, a leadership incubator for our community and an economic catalyst for our state and beyond. Since 1966, the college has served the higher education and workforce training needs of more than 500,000 students.
Seattle Central is committed to creating a learning environment that is accessible, diverse, responsive, and innovative.
- Seattle Central has an open admissions policy.
- The campus is minutes from downtown Seattle and easy to reach from every part of the city via public transportation. Tuition at Seattle Central is half the price of a four-year college.
- We have departments dedicated to serving special populations such as veterans, former foster youth, first-generation college students, and the disabled.
- Theres something to fit everyone at Seattle Central: distance learning, college transfer, online courses, basic studies, ESL, and evening and weekend classes.
- Students from across town and across the world come together to explore their possibilities, extend their knowledge, and expand their potential. Our student body numbers 10,000 students, including 3,000 from more than 50 nations.
- The college takes great pride in its diversity. Forty-nine percent of our students identify as American Indian, Asian, Black, Hispanic/Latino, or other ethnicity. Thirty percent of our full-time faculty are people of color.
- Nearly half of our degrees and certificates are awarded to students of color.
- Seattle Central is building for the future. Our campus has new a new $26 million Science and Mathematic building, a Creative Arts Academy, and a high-tech Information Technology department. Soon the Wood Construction Center, Maritime Academy, and Seattle Culinary Academy will have new state-of-the-art facilities.
- Our 30 professional and technical training programs prepare our students for high-demand careers in healthcare, information technology, and more.
- The Worker Retraining office helps people get re-employed as soon as possible by offering the vital training, skills and credentials needed for todays job market.
- Our coordinated studies and student service programs have won admirers and imitators nationwide.
- Seattle Central is one of only seven Washington State community colleges offering a bachelors degree. The Bachelor of Applied Behavioral Science will train students to become social and human services professionals.
- The college transfer program not only prepares students for the rigors of a four-year college, it also provides an ever-evolving curriculum in small, creative classes.
- There are more than 50 student-created clubs and committees on campus that reflect diversity, instill self-reliance, leadership and responsible action.
Seattle Central is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities,* an institution accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. It is also a member of the League for Innovation, a prestigious group of community colleges nationwide who have been selected for membership based on education excellence.